Thursday, June 02, 2011

grateful.

  My handiwork can be seen in a featured wedding on the Style Me Pretty wedding Blog!!!  How exciting is that?!?!

  It is so gratifying to make things that people actually love.  Beautiful things that make people happy, like they make me happy.  It still feels sort of surprising and wonderful to me each time I get a thank you note from a happy customer that is particularly praise-filled.  Each time I just feel so grateful to have been chosen from among so many other talented artists and crafters in the Etsy community, its pretty humbling really.


Lindsey's custom order - handmade wedding accessories.




  I made several custom pieces for Lindsey's wedding, (see photos above).  Turns out she is absolutely, positively delightful.  She is also a fabulous photographer, so its no surprise to me that she had an artistic vision for her wedding and oh boy, did she ever make it happen!  After I sent out the finished accessories, I couldn't wait to see the wedding photos.  Well, the photos are amazing, and the planning/details of the day were absolutely stunning as well.  Guess what?  Lindsey's lovely wedding was featured on the Style Me Pretty blog!  Its not hard to see why, I could go on and on about all the fabulous details.  From the reclaimed wood wall decorated with mirrors and frames at the reception, the dresser with the suitcases stacked on top for guests to stash love notes and cards for the bride & groom, the clever use burlap everywhere, Lindsey's gorgeous dress, the bridesmaids in their cute, belted dresses and cowboy boots, the darling ring bearers in their little vests and caps carrying a banner proclaiming 'here comes the bride'!  Then there was the flower girl in her ruffled linen dress, aaawwww, and that huge ornate gold frame with the wood backing and the engagement photos tacked to it, and the tree slice cake stand and the beautiful wedding cake...  See?  I could go on and on.  I LOVE this wedding!!!  It was also really cool to see the things I made "in action" on the big day, in the photos.  Thank you Lindsey, for being so darn sweet.  I couldn't be happier to help you feel beautiful and look so lovely on your wedding day.

Go here to see Lindsey's wedding photos on her website.  (P.S.  You definitely want to see her website, she is an amazing photographer.  Get ready to ooh and aaawww over precious photos of couples and kiddos.) 

Go here, just for kicks, if you want to know just how stinkin' sweet Lindsey is.  She posted an entry on her blog about the things I made for her!  She linked to my Etsy shop and said the nicest things about me.  She even included the cute little "reserved" sign I made for her when I listed the flowers.  Lindsey mentioned in one of our conversations that she had forgotten to take a photo of the packages before she unwrapped everything and she was bummed, well I had taken photos of all the pretty packaging.  So I sent them off to her and she included those pictures in her post as well!  What a delightfully thoughtful girl.

Go here if you want to visit Danielle Capito Photography's blog post for more photos of the wedding...

Definitely go here to view the Style Me Pretty blog post featuring Lindsey's wedding and my hair flowers!  (Don't miss the section right under the photos that says "Click here to see even more in the image gallery!")



  Get the Look:

  Today I offer you two new hair clips inspired by Lindsey's custom pieces.  They are similar but not exactly the same.  These are more in the cream, antique white and gold colorway, with just a hint of pale pink.  I have also included foliage on the single flower clip.  I really like that shade of green with the other colors.  These are also not really lacy, but they still have a light, feminine appearance thanks to the use of tulle, netting and organza.  The larger arrangement of three flowers has lots of natural color muslin incorporated.  I just love that shabby chic, cottage garden, farm girl sort of feel you get from natural muslin.
  The shop update has taken place!  Click on the links below to check out the pieces.  I also have one more similar hair piece (which is more lacy) that will be finished quite soon, perhaps in the next few days.














No comments: