Wednesday, June 01, 2011

inspiration - faded

The iris are in bloom in my garden, they are so beautiful its almost too much.  The blooms are so huge and showy, they threaten to break the stems at the first suggestion of strong wind.  I think we're going to have to stake them.  I have the standard lavender/purple variety and then I also have these amazing peach/apricot color iris that are so incredibly beautiful.  The other day when I went for a morning walk, I spied pale yellow iris blooming in front of a neighbor's house.  I thought that was a pretty unusual color.  They are very pretty.  Just the first of the peach iris has bloomed so far this year and the lavender ones are all blooming now.  My white clematis is also flowering.  Here are a few photographs from the garden this time last year. 





And the chives are flowering...


And I have lots of different hostas...  I have a pretty shady garden. 


These teensy tiny little pale blue flowers came up in the front under the roses.  I don't know if they are weeds or forget-me-nots, or what... but I think they are impossibly darling and I love them.


This is a potted fern that lives indoors in the winter, but she's much happier outdoors when the weather permits. 



There will be more garden photographs to come, but for now I've got to get down to business!  This morning I discovered another lovely treasury I must share with you.  My hair bloom is featured in this stunning collection of faded and muted handmade goods.  Thank you kangaroostitches for choosing to include me in this wonderful collection!  How perfect for a hot summer day, it just feels cool and summery.




Interested in the hair bloom?  Get more info here.  Look out for shop updates today!  I made a new necklace yesterday and I have finished some beautiful new wedding-appropriate hair accessories!  I also have some new earrings.

1 comment:

Katie G. said...

Thanks for including my faded treasury. Your blog is awesome!

Katie