Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Look who's sitting on my front porch!

When Jeff & I were in Washington this last Christmas, I became interested in creating plush toys or stuffed creatures. I requested old socks and Jeff's Dad offered several pairs. Then I asked for buttons and Jeff's Mom supplied me with a lovely little pile of vintage buttons, YAY! I have just completed my first experimental version of a sock creature and he's made out of recycled materials! Thank you to Mom & Dad for the supplies, I hope the little dude makes you laugh. Every time I look at him, I just crack up! It's not his fault that his teeth are out of proportion. Don't tease him, he's very sensitive. He had a little run in his belly so I made him some pants. His waist isn't very defined so I had to add some suspenders. I turned the sock inside out to give him a stubble effect (rather than the tiny dots on the right side of the material).




I just had some lunch followed by a lovely short walk. It's 45 degrees outside! Yay!


Charlie is napping on my ironing board, how cute.

No comments: