Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Where have we been?

We've moved! (Rather, we are in the process of moving, we're not finished yet.) Please accept our apologies if you've been trying to reach us, we're still in the process of having our land line transferred to the new house. I'll be getting in touch with current clients as soon as possible, thanks so much for your patience.

I've finally discovered which boxes contain my office materials, so we're getting close! Jeff has been working hard every night after work to build desks in the office so I can get back to work. Last night he put the legs on my desk. Can you guess where I'm sitting as I write this post?


I'm sitting at my new desk! I have a lovely and inspiring view of Lake Macatawa through the marina across the street. Check out these sweet shots Jeff shot at the marina on Sunday afternoon.

Bird tracks on the snow-covered ice. I love this shot, Jeff and I both have a thing about birds.


Standing on the dock, looking down at the ice.


I love the old wood pilings next to the rusty metal of the modern pilings. (Jeff and I also have a thing for old wood and rusty metal. Check out the colors and reflections in this shot, tasty.


In the winter all of the boats are lifted out of the water because the lake freezes. Some of the boats go into storage, but many of them are shrink-wrapped in some sort of plastic and they are being stored right in the lot here at the marina. This is a photograph of the patina we spotted on the underside of a boat's hull as we were walking home through the parking lot. See, we do have a thing for rusty metal. I just love how this shot looks like a painting.


I almost forgot to mention that Jeff started a new job the VERY SAME week we began the moving process. Yeah. Its been pretty crazy around here. He likes the job, it really is perfect for him. We just have to make some adjustments with scheduling because he is now commuting 70 miles a day. We have only one (working) vehicle to drive right now, so I'm looking forward to spring when we hope to get our '77 VW van running. That's right, friends, we're hippies. I'm thinking it would be perfect for a traveling studio. I'm sure everyone in town would call us for Senior photos if they could be photographed with our green van! It makes a great prop. What do you think? (I'm joking, a little.)

New job. New house. New resolve.
I'm going to post here a lot more frequently. So be sure to subscribe to this blog if you want to keep up with our crazy adventures.

No comments: