Friday, May 20, 2011

banners and buntings and garlands - oh my!

Busy days are good, but they can be overwhelming.  I've made a pot of tea and I'm being calm - on purpose, you know (tea can do that for you, especially pouring it from a proper teapot).  Pour hot tea, drink, repeat.  I think I've been spending FAR too much time with my face glued to the computer these last few days.  (I'm drinking the tea in front of the computer... see?  I can't relax, it must be the tea.  Not really, I just have a really long to-do list.  :)  Anyway, I've been terribly productive, but I'm starting to feel like I'm in a photoshop trance.  Today I packaged an order for my Etsy shop and I took such great pleasure in wrapping it, writing the thank you note and making the card.  I usually include a free gift, most often its a handmade card.  It was so nice to just step away from the keyboard and the screen and make something with my hands!  I will be very happy in a week or two when things start to settle down again and I have time to make some pretty things. 

Speaking of pretty...  just look at this gorgeous, romantic treasury I found today, featuring my butterfly hair clip!  I love the curvy lines of the violin photograph with the ladies... I love the jewelry & accessories, what lovely choices!  The soft colors are so dreamy.
   


One more, this one is entitled:  Flowers All Around.  Aaahhh, I just can't wait for that time in my garden when there are indeed flowers all around.  Can you spot my headband?





I am currently enamored of buntings, garlands, banners, etc...  You can decorate your child's room (heck, why not your room too?), the fireplace mantel, a shelf or bookshelf, string across a window, or use it for a party or shower decoration or a child's photo shoot.  Planning something with a carnival theme or a circus theme?  Buntings are a natural design element.  Yesterday's shop update included 3 buntings.  This is just one of them, so if you want to see the others, you'll have to head on over to the shop.







No comments: