Monday, May 23, 2011

a mix of metals - inspiration

I love old things with a patina, with evidence of age and use.  So I guess its pretty natural that I'm drawn to the warm natural tones of metals.  Therefore, I give you today's color inspiration - all things metallic!


First, my new 'sweet dreams' paper and burlap bunting is featured in this pretty collection of copper items.  I painted the lettering with copper metallic paint and I chose paper colors that suggested patina.





Second, my pretty bronze and gold flower pin is featured is featured in this romantic treasury collection.






Here we have a pretty pillow I've made for my living room.  I used some scraps of fabric, a few old buttons and a handmade flower.  I love the copper and gold flower on the brown pillow with the sort of pewter-finish buttons.




This is a photograph of a sculpture that my husband (the wonderful and amazingly talented Jeff) recently finished and listed in his Etsy shop.  You may click on this link to view the sculpture directly.  Its meant to hang on the wall and it features lots of texture and different metal materials.  Its very cool and kinda spacey.



Finally, we can't really talk about metals and patina without a solid example of RUST!  I love rusty things.  A number of years ago, Jeff went to Arizona to work with his uncle in his construction business for a few months.  While he was there, he made a number of very srtiking photographs.  He loves to go adventuring with the camera in his backpack.  (So do I, but I'm a scaredy-cat... I'm always looking for rattle snakes or fretting about falling off cliffs...)  This is one if the scenes he discovered.  Talk about patina!

No comments: