Friday, May 13, 2011

Its Wedding Season!

I have had the pleasure of working with several brides over the past few months to create custom hair accessories and jewelry for their weddings.  This process has led me to explore new materials and themes.  I can't even tell you how much fun it is to send a few photos to a bride-to-be and then get an email back that is filled with exclamations of joy and excitement.  (They don't realize that I often have the same feelings of joy and excitement.)  So, I wanted to share a few custom orders with you today. 

This order is composed of six pairs of gray carmina pearl earrings accented with small hematite stones. I packaged them in individual tiny silver boxes, perfect for presenting these chic handmade earrings to six lovely bridesmaids.













The next custom order is one of my favorites!  I really had fun experimenting with different variations on the theme during the design process.  It was really interesting and challenging trying to find sources for the strawberries and the berry blossoms/foliage that suited the look we were going for.  In the end, I made the blossoms and leaves myself.  I LOVE the finished piece!  This is the initial design sketch (I know, its very basic).


This is the finished hair comb!  You can read all about the nitty-gritty details in the item listing here in the shop.




No comments: